Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Picture THIS! Monday Made It

Monday already? It's been another busy week of getting my classroom somewhat set up. I can't wait to see all of the Monday Made Its.


I've been crafting using photographs from family sessions. The possibilities are endless.I think it would be neat to document family vacations using different states you have visited. This idea might be great for geography lessons too. In first grade, we use the book ME on the MAP to create a great unit. I think this year I may assign students to fill in a state with magazine pictures or even real pictures. 


My sister in law helped me create the popular letter collages that I've seen floating around on Pinterest. You can click here to see step by step directions.  Now I want to find a source for wooden state cut outs to help me document my past vacations. Who doesn't love anything that involves mod podge and photographs. Smaller letters will make great Christmas gift ideas for students.



I finally got around to adding these labels to my bins. You can find these editable labels from KNJ creations. I am in love with them. Can you believe the difference? It also hides my clutter! I need all the help I can get in that department.
AFTER

BEFORE


Do you use Kagan Management Mats? I did until I decided to create my own using vinyl. You can use a cricut or silhouette to make these durable numbers. I love to group my students this way. Kagan is all about engagement.  When tables are labeled it allows for shoulder partners and face to face partners. It's also great to call all the ones to pick up papers or the threes to sharpen pencils. You should check out Kagan if you haven't heard of their awesome structures. 





 I went to Target on Sunday and found 18 more black cubes. I found them ON SALE. #SCORE 
Now each student will have a numbered cube to keep their belongings. This is in addition to their mailbox, cubby, and seat pocket.I have the top 18 cubes filled with various supplies. I like how they can hide clutter. Is it bad that I like to organize by stuffing? HAHA! I just throw my stuff in different bins. At least they are labeled. Hopefully this will hide my junk from Alison



Hope everyone had a great weekend! Can't wait to be inspired this week.You should  join Tara with your Monday Made It.





11 comments:

  1. BWAHAHAHA....and my favorite line..."Hopefully this will hide my junk from Alison". You shouldn't have said anything...now I'm going to be going through all the black cubes in your classroom to make sure they are put away correctly! The state pictures are adorable! Now I want one on a canvas! Your drawers look awesomely organzied...on the outside. Vinyl Kagan table labels......brilliant! I'm going to school today. I'll text you later! xo
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of making a collage for states visited with pictures. And I couldn't help but notice how adorable those doggies are :)

    Best,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I organize by stuffing too! I always say that my goal is to put things away neatly, but it never happens. I really like your idea for the Kagan stickers! I have desks that I move around whenever I change my seating chart, so I might have to improvise with some Velcro. :)

    Victoria
    Enchanted in Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love how you have the photographs of family in a collage of a state. How cool!

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the Kagan stickers. I had my desks in groups last year until a colleague visited another school and saw a set-up in a U shape. This allowed for everyone to see everyone else at all times and no one seeing the back of anyone's head. I'm not sure how the Kagan system would work with that but I love the idea of being able to quickly group kiddos. I'm going to have to think about how I could make that work. I have cubbies for everyone not in my homeroom but they don't have bins in them. I love the idea of filling the cubby with a bin and their number on it. That way I don't see their mess:)
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your letter collage looks fabulous. Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the letter photo collage. What a great idea!
    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos in the state outlines. That is SO cute! We should do that with some of our pics from Louisiana, since that was our first home together! And I love the vinyl desk tags. I wish I had one of those silhouette machines so I could make them for my room. I'm currently trying to figure out how I'll make mine stay. I know I'll laminate them for durability, but I feel like neither velcro and double sided tape will keep those babies put! I wonder if I can use hot glue on my desks???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the state outline for vacation photos. You are really onto something! It looks like Etsy has some but they are kinda expensive. Do you have a cricut? If you have one and the cartridge 50 states, maybe you could cut out tagboard in the desired state shape?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of the vinyl! I use something similar, however I have never heard of Kagan before, and had a hard time locating the mats you were talking about! The vinyl is so neat and clean! I may rethink this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy reading your ideas. Your collage letter is beautiful! Great ideas for organizing too! Love, love, love the picture collages in the state outlines. May I ask how you make those?

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!