Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Monday Made it



Wow! Where does summer go? I'm linking up with Tara this week. Yesterday I spent the day making clothespins cute! I have decorated some clips for two different purposes. 

 Wooden or plastic, clothespins can be very useful for displays. You can buy them cheaply by the dozens and use them with plain. I choose to paint them and add some embellishments. They're a great investment as they're reusable, and they don't do damage to writings, artwork or posters. Of course I use clothespins for my clip chart, but I also love using them as a visual reminder for students. During stations, I  put an "EYES on YOU" clip to anyone who needs a visual reminder to get focused for stations. I  hand them the clip to clip to their shirt. My students really respond to this method. Some of my students need this visual  instead of just a verbal warning. It has worked wonders during station time. Have you seen the quiet cups? You could use colored clips instead! 


I also love using clips for displaying student's work. You can glue them to the wall or use tacks. Most of my walls are cinder blocks so I have my clips hot glued to the wall. It's great if you don't have a lot of bulletin boards. Another trick I've done in the past is hot gluing a tack on the back of the clothespin. Check out the ones I made for the upcoming year. If you can't tell I"m doing using SchoolgirlStyle's black and white theme  with a pop of yellow. 

23 comments:

  1. I have had these on my to do list for ever!!!!! Oh how I love the adorable daisies!!! BUT I love the eye ones too!!!! What a great idea to keep kids on task!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you share how you use the eyes on you clips? Do you give the student the clip, or put it somewhere?


    Clips sure are cute though. I used them for everything last year, I need to stock up on some more.
    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cassandra,
      I actually clip it to their shirt. Usually on the collar or they can clip it to the bottom.

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of glueing a tack on the bac of a clothes pin! I have huge bulletin boards and have used construction paper with paper clips before, but the clothespins would be even easier! Thanks for the great idea!

    Christine

    Leapingintothird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Christine! I would've never thought about gluing a tack on the back of a clothespin for BB's. That's a great idea! Your clothespins are adorable!!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! I've been putting googly eyes on them for years to help with one-to-one correspondence but I never thought to embellish them for other things!


    ✪Crystal✪
    Strive to Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your use of "Eyes on You"....great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the googly eyes idea. I have bought dye and glitter to decorate some clips but I haven't actually bought the clips yet. I may need to sneak into school and get some of my googly eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing about the clips. I think I need to make some "eyes on you" clips.

    Lorena
    Little Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your clip ideas. The "eyes on you" is cute. I just finished a clip project that I will post next Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! Love the flower clothespins.

    april
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another one for the list!! I need to stock up on clothespins!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  12. Decorating clothespins is next on my list! Love how yours turned out!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog! I gave you the "One Lovely Blog Award". Just go to my blog to accept it! :)

    ~ Lisa
    Teaching Kindergarten Kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the "eyes on you" idea. Thanks for sharing!
    :) Dana
    Stop by & visit me @ Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  15. OooooooOOOOOH! I love the idea of gluing a tack to the back of the clothespin. How SMART is that??

    Heather
    Peacocks and Penguins - 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog and I love it! So cute and fun!

    http://www.mrshtheteachingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hеllo thеre! Do you know if thеy
    maκe аny plugins to hеlp with SEO?

    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm
    not ѕeeіng verу gοod gains. Ιf you know of any pleаse share.
    Thanκs!

    Review my wеblog; planohomesforrent.biz

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!